Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend is a thief

Because the cases are still ongoing, I’m not going to put real names and ages or dates. Just B for Boyfriend.

Tdlr: Boyfriend got caught stealing 3 times, only one I knew about. The other two are 2 months apart and his transaction history may put him away.

I (27f) have been with B (24m) for almost 4 years now, we have two children together and are in the process of buying a house. In 2018 he was caught shoplifting and was charged/plead guilty and was found guilty. B told me he couldn’t do it again, but he’s an adrenaline junkie and I was weary for a little while. Flash forward to now– almost 3 years later, he starts acting really weird around the kids and I. I didn’t know what the issue was, he wouldn’t tell me no matter how many times I asked.

Three weeks ago while cleaning out our truck (his work vehicle) I found a file stuffed under the front seat. Two months ago he’d got busted shoplifting again. I was stunned, he never said a word to me about it. I didn’t confront him about it at the time because it was nearly two months ago and he received a citation and had a lawyer.

Flash forward to this evening, he’s on the phone in the truck and looks stressed out, I walked out and he hung up and was trying to hide a file. I asked what’s wrong and he became super dodgy and overly lovey on me like he was trying to distract me. I wasn’t dealing with that and demanded to know what he is doing and who was on the phone. He’d got caught AGAIN; only this time he swears up and down this one was an accident.

The story was he was at Walmart and got our groceries and didn’t scan 3 items but didn’t realize it. He was stopped anyway and the total was 30 dollars. 5 over their limit. He was given another citation. I believe him, when he lies he can’t look someone in the eye and chews on his lip and rubs his hands together a lot. Here’s where I have a feeling I’m going to lose him. He’s stolen for a very long time from Walmart. They said they were going to look up his previous transactions (can they? Will they?) and tac on additional charges for whatever they find. I asked how many times and he said he lost track and it was always self checkout, never walk outs and he always used his cards and gift cards.

He’s afraid I’ll leave him and honestly, I’m not sure I can stay. Our kids deserve better, but I also know when he was a little boy his dad made him steal a lot, I feel like this might be wrapped up into his father’s mentality/physical abuse that he feels the urge/need to do it. But I also can’t live my life like this, 3 theft charges? That’s a lot and I have no idea if he will have a job after this... I’m terrified, I love him, he’s the father of our children and a good dad to them, but I honestly don’t know what to do or know if the relationship is worth it.



Submitted March 22, 2021 at 06:06PM by CandyMayFlow https://ift.tt/3tI4WMj
My boyfriend is a thief My boyfriend is a thief Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 23, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.