Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28F) am craving emotional intimacy from my boyfriend (27M) but he is unable to give it to me.

I just want to feel loved, appreciated, wanted, anything like that. Even a compliment now and again would be nice. I'm craving it so badly and it makes me so sad that the person I want it from won't give it to me.

Every time I bring it up and try to explain how I feel he tells me that he's not that sorta person, that he finds it "cringe" and that he's cold inside and he doesn't know when he'll be able to give me what I want. He doesn't tell me that he loves me. He doesn't tell me how he feels about me. Our whole relationship feels more platonic than anything.

He tells me that he's more of a physically intimate person. The issue being that we're currently long distance and barely get to see each other because of covid restrictions. I have abandonment issues and I NEED to feel secure in a relationship, emotional intimacy also being a huge thing for me, without it I'm just in a constant state of anxiety and I can't stand it.

He cheated on me a few months ago because of lack of sexual intimacy and I've really tried to work on since. I hate to say it but I'm starting to understand why he cheated now and I've started having thoughts about seeking the things I'm desperately craving for elsewhere.

Our relationship isn't bad, I'm just struggling without any sort of validation whilst we're apart. I'm always feeling like I'm asking for too much or that I'm expecting too much from him. I'd appreciate any advice or experiences on this subject. TIA.

TL:DR: my boyfriend will not show me any signs of emotional intimacy and I'm having a hard time without it.



Submitted March 26, 2021 at 07:49AM by lyricalcombat https://ift.tt/3sqY3P3
I (28F) am craving emotional intimacy from my boyfriend (27M) but he is unable to give it to me. I (28F) am craving emotional intimacy from my boyfriend (27M) but he is unable to give it to me. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 26, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.