Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [28F] boyfriend [29M] of two years will not stop speaking in a fake Italian-American accent and keeps making up foreign words

throwaway because he uses reddit and also because this is kind of embarrassing?

tl;dr - my boyfriend won't stop speaking in a stupid "tough guy" italian american accent and is starting to make up fake italian-sounding words. i'm really annoyed / worried if this might be a red flag

Okay to preface this, I love my boyfriend and he is a super sweet, nice, smart guy that I feel lucky to have but his behavior lately is freaking me out and makes me worried for the future.

My boyfriend loves movies, especially mob movies. He has all of the Sopranos DVDs at his place and I'm pretty sure he still watches them that way. That's fine, obviously you can watch and enjoy whatever you want. But last week he saw "The Irishman" with some friends and since then he will NOT stop talking in like a fake stereotypical mobster accent. We were in an uber the night after going out to dinner and admittedly the driver was going a little fast but my boyfriend kept muttering things like "Who's this fucking guy, huh? Dale Earnhardt Jr over here" and shouting "HO!" as we took corners. He would NOT shut up and even gave the driver a one-star review saying it was about "respect."

Everyone has their quirks, I get it, and they can be what makes someone special. At first it was even kind of cute / funny but I just can't really understand this shift all of a sudden. It's been a week and he continues to make asides in this voice and when he gets drunk he speaks in made up Italian. Like we were having desert at my sister's and he came up to me and said "Hey, ma, I gotta get home and hit the drippini." I'm the DD (I don't drink) so I asked him why he wants to leave and what a drippini is ??? His response was "Ya know, like a shower." Drippini is NOT a word! In ANY language! He also never called me "ma" before ever and now he does it almost all the time. I feel crazy, like is this going to be a permanent feature of his personality now?

I know this sounds incredibly stupid compared to some of other serious issues on here but I am just really nervous about what this means about his personality / mental health. He really is a sweet loving guy with a wonderful family and we have a lot in common but just like, I don't even know how to begin to approach this. I want to tell him off and be like why do you keep doing this voice can you please stop. We don't live together so thankfully it's not a constant thing but like, what if we did and it was?? Is this the kind of thing you just deal with when its someone you love?

EDIT: I just want to add that he's NOT italian at all either so im also worried people will get offended when we're out or something



Submitted November 13, 2019 at 02:02PM by throwawayitalia7383 https://ift.tt/2QjbdNN
My [28F] boyfriend [29M] of two years will not stop speaking in a fake Italian-American accent and keeps making up foreign words My [28F] boyfriend [29M] of two years will not stop speaking in a fake Italian-American accent and keeps making up foreign words Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 13, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.