Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Husband (44M) seemingly has recovered entirely from the trauma of our sons (21M) death. Its making me (42F) upset at him for seemingly brushing this off so quickly and easily.

Sorry, english is not my first language so there might be some grammar issues!

Our son came home one night drunk after a friends birthday party and fell down the stairs and fell in a position where he died. He was a very bright, motivated boy. No real major issues, he was on a clear path for success, he had a long term girlfriend that he hoped to marry, he was extremely intelligent and physically healthy. He was the perfect son in many ways. It was the worst night of my life, seeing him on the floor with so much blood. My husband and I heard him screaming and ran down to help him but he was rapidly loosing blood from his head wound. It was the most traumatizing thing I have ever gone through.

And my husband was traumatized too, of course. But its been 2 months since it happened, and he is... back to normal. I am disturbed at how quickly he snapped back to his normal self. It is, somewhat, making me resent him. I am still a totally broken mess, I don't entirely know if I ever won't be, but him? He is back to being his golly old self. Its as if nothing had even changed. Playing his computer games and laughing with his friends online. Cracking jokes and talking to neighbors. To me, he acts and talks as if he is just the same as he was before... in the sort of jolly manner he is known for. He isn't even in therapy, which I cant even comprehend for someone who held his dying son in his arms like that only two months earlier. When our son first died, he was largely silent. We both were. It was just too much to bear. But now he is acting normal, totally normal, and its really bugging me. I know it sounds immature and silly but how can he just think things can go back to normal like this? He was our only son. I cannot stop thinking about how he isn't at dinner or breakfast anymore.

TL;DR - - husband is way too jolly and cheerful and 'normal' only 2 months after our son died.



Submitted March 28, 2021 at 01:39PM by Good_Refrigerator625 https://ift.tt/39nsI8J
Husband (44M) seemingly has recovered entirely from the trauma of our sons (21M) death. Its making me (42F) upset at him for seemingly brushing this off so quickly and easily. Husband (44M) seemingly has recovered entirely from the trauma of our sons (21M) death. Its making me (42F) upset at him for seemingly brushing this off so quickly and easily. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.