Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (31m) can't stand hearing my (32f) girlfriend chew food

People with sound sensitivity/on the spectrum, how do you deal with chewing sounds?

My poor girlfriend has had teeth problems/pain and a small jaw that forces her to chew with an open mouth but, on top of the many things that cause me to have a auditory fixation that feels torturous because I can hear nothing else, this is by far the worst.

I can't deal with overly loud noise, but chewing grates on my nerves terribly. It's not at all her fault so I don't want to bother her, just want to know if anyone with these issues has any coping methods. Breathing exercises, calming brain techniques, etc.

Its not just her, I've had this issue since childhood, as my dad sounds like cattle grazing, and I've struggled with it for years and have never been able to get over it. I either storm off, have to blast headphones, or wear earplugs which isn't always possible, hence my question.

It's not a deal breaker, at all, as we are in a long term committed relationship and have known each other for years. Its just more for me to work on me.

Thoughts?

Tl;dr: I can't stand the sound of loud chewing from my girlfriend, and I need help with that.



Submitted March 25, 2021 at 06:47PM by DontBEvil https://ift.tt/2PrxzhS
I (31m) can't stand hearing my (32f) girlfriend chew food I (31m) can't stand hearing my (32f) girlfriend chew food Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 26, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.