Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is My [22M] Best Friend's [22F] Idea Really Cute or Really Stupid?

I [22M] told my best friend [22F] of 7 years that liked her wanted to explore a romantic relationship if she was open to it. She explained that she didn’t want to lose me because I’m the best friend she’s ever had, but that she understood why I felt like we could become a good couple because we got along so well. She said that she is physically and mentally attracted to me, but that her friendship feelings for me are more powerful than her romantic ones.

I assumed this was her way of brushing the issue under the rug because we ended the conversation there, but then she surprised me by bringing it up again a few days later. She texted and asked if she could come over to my place. I agreed, thinking she was just gonna pretend that nothing happened. I was shocked when she kissed me as soon as she walked through the door and we ended up having sex. We didn't talk at all during it, but she was very passionate. I could tell that she was gearing up for to give me some sort of explanation, which she did when we finished.

She told me that she had been thinking and would be willing to pursue a romantic relationship if I agreed that we could hang out once a week as friends only. As you can imagine, I was confused and asked her what she meant by it. She explained that at every once in a while she wants us to still go on hikes, watch foreign movies together, have long talks together, and do everything we normally did as friends without it ending up in a 'romance situation.' She thinks this will help us protect the friendship side of things because she doesn’t want us to only focus on the physical part and forget about the emotional side which caused us to be friends in the first place.

I reminded her that couples can still do everything that friends do. She said that the romance aspect is important but that she doesn’t want it to take priority over our mental connection. We didn't talk much about her idea after that because we spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping together and I didn't want to ruin the moment. Even though I was enjoying my time with her and I was still in disbelief that I was finally getting to be with her, in the back of my mind I kept thinking about what she said.

At first I thought the idea was pretty stupid and unnecessary, but after giving it some thought I kind of see her point and it makes me feel good that she doesn’t just see me as a piece of meat and that she genuinely enjoys my company that much outside of the bedroom. Plus I'm aware that she has been in relationships with other friends before which ended in breakups because they stopped nurturing the friendship once they reached the dating stage. So am I overreacting to a really sweet idea or is this a red flag that things aren't going to end well?

tl;dr: I told my best friend that I want to explore a romantic relationship. She agreed to try it as long as I would agree that we'd take weekly 'dating breaks' to focus specifically on our friendship. I'm conflicted about whether this will be a good thing for us or not. I'm worried that she's hanging onto our old relationship dynamic instead of embracing the new.



Submitted March 29, 2021 at 01:04PM by Apprehensive_List_11 https://ift.tt/2O2G2Yq
Is My [22M] Best Friend's [22F] Idea Really Cute or Really Stupid? Is My [22M] Best Friend's [22F] Idea Really Cute or Really Stupid? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.