Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (m40) think I ruined the relationship with my stepdaughter (17) and don't know I can save it.

I met and married her mom whenever she was 9 years old. It was rough at the being but I was able to finally break through with her one night and we became unseperatable. We came to realize that we are so alike. Whenever she became 15 it changed. Her mother and I started having a rough patch and me and her leaned on each other. Hanging out almost every night watching shows and movies. Through this she found out that she is a cheerleader/geek. It was so awesome.

One night me and her mom had a huge fight. During that fight her mom threw the commit that I would rather spend time with my daughter instead of her. She was right. I committed that least my daughter wanted to spend time with me. It came out that my wife was jealous of my relationship with her daughter. After deciding to work things out I started to pull back from my daughter. One of my faults is that I don't knownthe middle ground it is either all or nothing. I thought I was doing what was right to save my marriage. In the process I abandoned my daughter. Something that I never wanted was to make her feel abandon.

Over the last year or so our relationship fell apart. She got a long term boyfriend so she was distracted. Well at the beginning of the year I got diagnosed with depression and put on meds. Well my life has gotten better I come to realized what I did to her. I abandoned her like her father did. How she feels like most males in her life had. I reached out to her to talk about it. She seems receptive but also seemed dismissive. Said that she wants to work on our relationship. But still been cold and distant. She will go days without talking to me. Will go out of her way to say hello and speak with everyone. When I tell her good morning she just roll her eyes or give a mean look and walk pass me. I spoke with her mom about it she says she thinks I hate her but when I try to talk to her I get nothing. She is leaving for college soon and I feelnlike I lost my best friend. Don't know what to do.

TL;DR Abandoned my relationship with my stepdaughter to save my marriage and now I am trying to repair it but don't know what to do.



Submitted March 26, 2021 at 05:36PM by crssbns842 https://ift.tt/3swcVMm
I (m40) think I ruined the relationship with my stepdaughter (17) and don't know I can save it. I (m40) think I ruined the relationship with my stepdaughter (17) and don't know I can save it. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.