Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Husband (34F) and I (31F) haven't had sex in a year now

Title says it all, but I'll give as much background info as I can here. Also throwaway for usual throwaway reasons. My husband and I have had a really rough year mentally. We've both been very depressed, experiencing waves of anxiety. I'm starting therapy next month and he has also sought help so I have hope that we can maybe return to normal someday soon.

Our marriage is strong despite all this. We have been married married 5 years, together 10 in total. We are best friends, we want the same things from life, and have no desire to separate or divorce. We rarely argue, and we support eachother fully. We are very happy together. It probably helps that we both had lower sex drives to begin with and only had sex maybe a couple times a month. Sex for us wasn't the most important thing, but we had at one time acknowledged that we should probably try to have more. I'll add that we haven't been sexual whatsoever in the past year- this includes making out/oral.

I plan on bringing this up in therapy, but I also know I should maybe bring this up with my husband sooner than later. I feel like it's been too long to just randomly initiate sex without having a discussion first. I have no idea how to even initiate this kind of discussion. I don't want him to feel bad- this was a two-way street and I'm just as responsible for this as he is. I also don't want him to feel pressured. But I feel like something needs to be said and I just don't know how. Just wanted to get some opinions on here before bringing it up in therapy.

Tldr; husband and I haven't had sex in a year due to poor mental health and I dont know how to bring this up to him without him feeling like a failure or pressured.



Submitted March 28, 2021 at 01:09PM by Nice-Hedgehog5972 https://ift.tt/3waY9g0
Husband (34F) and I (31F) haven't had sex in a year now Husband (34F) and I (31F) haven't had sex in a year now Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.