Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (23m) just learned that my fiancee (23F) cheated on me two years ago. Should I end it?

Background:

She grew up with an abusive piece of trash dad and has anxiety issues because of that. Her mom is very evangelical christian. Her mom has never really liked me because I'm not that religious. She is the oldest of five siblings and had to grow up fast to take care of the younger ones. She put herself through nursing school and is an RN.

I went to a military academy and am now an officer in the US Military. We started dating after my freshmen year. She lived within a few hours drive, so I could usually sneak out and see her like every other weekend.

My junior year, I went on an exchange program to a different military academy in a different part of the country. During this time, one of her siblings developed a drug problem and overdosed, but lived. I should have been more there for her, but all I could do is talk on the phone or face time. At the same time, we were disagreeing on religion and it was not a good time for our relationship. Her family and church and everyone all didn't like me because I wasn't one of them. Eventually we broke up. She broke up with me.

Neither of us took the breakup well, but her especially. When I got back over Christmas we talked it out and ended up getting back together. She told me that while we were broken up she hooked up with a dude from her church. This dude was a "friend" she had talked about before and probably one of the whispers telling her to end it with me. I wasn't that upset about it because we were broken up... Although I did not sleep with anyone else in that time period. Since then I again moved out of state, but we're much better at distance now. I asked her to marry me over Christmas this last year.

Fast forward 2 years to last night and she told me that she had actually slept with that dude before we broke up... The day before we broke up... And she has lied about it all this time. I've never had to deal with anything like this. I'm mad and confused and I don't know what I should do or what I wanna do. We've had a really healthy relationship ever since we broke up. She distanced herself from the crazy church and we go on road trip adventures to national parks and stuff whenever I get leave. I can't help feeling like I shouldn't marry someone who cheated on me though.

I really believe she regrets it and will do anything to make up for it. I am not worried about it happening again, so I feel like "trust" isn't really the right word for my issue. Idk, any experience or advice is appreciated.

TL;DR: My fiancee who I've been dating since summer 2017 just told me that she cheated on me in fall 2018 a day before breaking up with me. We got back together and have been going strong for another 2 years but I didn't know she cheated on me until last night.



Submitted March 28, 2021 at 04:56PM by AnonymousAndroid123 https://ift.tt/2PHuUAA
I (23m) just learned that my fiancee (23F) cheated on me two years ago. Should I end it? I (23m) just learned that my fiancee (23F) cheated on me two years ago. Should I end it? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.