Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (27F) friend (27F) has been catfishing my ex (27M) by pretending to be me.

I met my ex “Lucien” and my friend “Celine” at college. My ex and I dated for 3 years before we had a very awful and traumatising breakup. To the point where I haven’t been able to trust/date anyone since him, and I cut contact with almost everyone who was also still friends with him because I just wanted to forget I ever knew him.

Celine recently confessed she has been catfishing Lucien by pretending to be me. The only reason she confessed is because she promised Lucien she would join in on the next social gathering with our old college buddies because she didn’t expect anything to happen so soon because of the pandemic. So, now he's expecting "me" to show up to this virtual hangout that they’re arranging in a few days. Celine assumed that if she confessed to me that I would be willing to help her keep up this charade because she’s going through a rough time in her life and according to her, Lucien has been a huge support to her and she didn’t want to lose that. She also doesn’t want to confess because he’s one of her husband’s closest friends and she thinks it will make things awkward between them and that Lucien won’t speak to her the same way he does now. Which again, she doesn’t want.

My first instinct was to tell her I wouldn’t do it, but she claimed Lucien had changed a lot since we broke up and he was very apologetic and remorseful about our breakup. She sent me small snippets of their conversations and now I would like to see the rest. She said she would give me access to the messages if I agree to either attend the hangout and pretend things are good between us or if I call him and give him an excuse about why I can’t come.

I know she’s manipulating me, but I feel like I have to see those messages now. I need advice on what to do and if anyone has any suggestions on how I can see those messages without giving into what she wants.

TL;DR – My friend has been catfishing my ex by pretending to be me. She recently confessed as he expects to see “me” during a virtual hangout with our old college friends. In exchange for playing along, she’s offering to let me read the messages which she claims to show my ex is very remorseful for our breakup. I haven’t been able to get past how our relationship ended so I would really like to read these messages but I’m not sure if giving in to her manipulations is the right thing to do.



Submitted March 21, 2021 at 07:25AM by ThrowRAcatfishex https://ift.tt/3c4GLBK
My (27F) friend (27F) has been catfishing my ex (27M) by pretending to be me. My (27F) friend (27F) has been catfishing my ex (27M) by pretending to be me. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 21, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.