Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24F) boyfriend (24M) won't stop calling me a good girl and claims I'm being manipulative when I ask him not to.

It's not just 'good girl' but basically a bunch of names that make me uncomfortable when used in casual conversations. We argue about it a lot because he says that I'm trying to change his personality by not being okay with it and that I have to accept that he likes to be 'dominant' sometimes and I shouldn't give him shit for it. If I try to explain that it's a boundary and it makes me feel like he doesn't respect me, he says that's it's actually me who's being manipulative by restricting what he can or can't say. This is what I struggle with because I kind of understand what he means but at the same time something feels off.

Basically any time I stand up for myself I get told that I'm treating him badly and that he just 'wants to be himself'. I'm sad and confused because I love him but this makes me very uncomfortable on a daily basis. We argued about it again today and the last message I got from him before logging off was 'night, my good girl'. I feel like 90% of the time he says it just to get a reaction out of me, even though he says that's not the case.

Am I just overreacting? Is this a stupid thing to argue about?

TL;DR: Boyfriend calls me nicknames I don't like and claims I'm being manipulative when I ask him to stop.



Submitted March 20, 2021 at 04:33PM by ThrowRA98237424 https://ift.tt/3f1QwSY
My (24F) boyfriend (24M) won't stop calling me a good girl and claims I'm being manipulative when I ask him not to. My (24F) boyfriend (24M) won't stop calling me a good girl and claims I'm being manipulative when I ask him not to. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 21, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.