Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

First romantic weekend away with new boyfriend [24 M] and he sent me a spreadsheet breaking down cost of everything and exactly how much I owe him?!

I’m gonna preface this story by saying that my boyfriend and I are both in professional jobs on decent salaries, so money is not tight. Since the beginning, I have insisted on always going halves on any dates etc so there is no cause for tension there.

We’ve been dating for a few months, exclusively together for 3 weeks and this is our first weekend away together. We’re just going to a nearby town (1 hour travel time), staying in an Airbnb and visiting one tourist attraction. Not an extravagant trip by any means.

Although it seems he is excited to go, he was a bit hesitant at first and nervously asked “but what if we break up before the trip?”. I found this to be a huge mood killer given we are in the honeymoon phase of our relationship, but I told him that as the trip is only overnight, and relatively inexpensive (less than $200) it wouldn’t really matter if we just cancelled if it came to it - or I could take a friend.

A few days later I messaged him to suggest a restaurant I thought we could visit on the trip, and he said “very nice but super expensive as well” and suggested we got takeaways instead. So I dropped the idea, as it wasn’t worth fighting.

Then he sent me a message explaining how he’d “broken down the cost of the weekend” so he could book the Airbnb, transport tickets and tickets to the tourist attraction. He’d attached a spreadsheet with our names in it, literally breaking down the cost of everything to the cent, with the final add up of everything telling me I owed him $167.99. I’m not tight with money at all, and would happily have just given him $200 to cover my share of the weekend (or booked some things each and let it all balance out) without the need to quibble over minor costs like this.

He’s an accountant so I get that he kinda does spreadsheets for a living, but this has ruined the vibe of the weekend for me. I’m his new girlfriend going on a romantic weekend away, not a client to send an invoice outlining every cent. It feels so procedural.

Am I right to feel this is weird/unreasonable?

Tl;dr: first romantic weekend away with boyfriend and he sends me a spreadsheet outlining every cost down to the cent that I owe him. We are both on decent incomes and I’d have happily transferred him a rounded up amount, or just booked some things each and let it all balance out. Am I right in feeling turned off by this?



Submitted March 24, 2021 at 12:29AM by bluemahoon https://ift.tt/3d35wNL
First romantic weekend away with new boyfriend [24 M] and he sent me a spreadsheet breaking down cost of everything and exactly how much I owe him?! First romantic weekend away with new boyfriend [24 M] and he sent me a spreadsheet breaking down cost of everything and exactly how much I owe him?! Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 24, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.