Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

BF(30m) didn't answer a simple question and caused me(30f) lots of stress. Do you think I have the right to be annoyed and how should we better communicate in person?

I've been living at my bf's flat cos of Covid. I'm not in much and don't have much knowledge of it, which I realised today was silly and I should've learned more. Basically I am quite a socially nervous person and all the places I've lived have had fuse boxes in cupboards under stairs. I realise I was a bit dumb in this situation but also think the whole thing could have been avoided if my BF had just answered one quick question.

He had a guy coming to check the electrics. I stayed home to let him in. Before the day came I asked my BF "Is there anything I need to know? He will ask where the fuse box is won't he? Where is it?" Because they always ask that. Once my BF went outside to the fuse box so I had a vague idea it was somewhere outside. But that's all I knew.

My bf replied "Nah you don't need to know that. It's always open anyway."

My naive ass stupidly thought "ok cool" and left it.

The electrician arrived this morning and his literal first question was "Where's your fuse box?"

I thought "Oh shit" but calmly said "ok I'm really sorry he wouldn't tell me where it was, but I know it's outside, possibly around the front and he said it's open so maybe we can find it."

We went around the front and the flat is connected to another which has a different number and an entrance. When my BF went to the fuse box in the past I could hear it clicking really close so I thought that might be it and it was in the entrance, but the door was locked.

I left him there and went to get some keys my BF left on the side. In a panicked state I tried them all in the door, none worked. Neither of us could see anywhere else where the fuse box would be. He was getting impatient as he had another job to get to.

I went back into the house panicking and emptied all the drawers, found some more keys. When I went back out the electrician said "I've had a walk down the street, there's a blue door with your number on it, would that be it?"

Turns out it was and we sorted it. I txt my bf telling him the whole thing. He laughed and I said "It's your fault, I asked where the fuse box was and instead of just saying "blue door down the street" you said I wouldn't need to know. He said "Well I didn't think I'd need to tell you to try opening a door that was a different number." And he got mad that I'd told the electrician "He wouldn't tell me where the fuse box was" but that was the truth.

I'll prob look back and laugh but I'm really mad that it all could have so easily been avoided. I'm a really socially anxious person and BF knows this. And the guy was getting annoyed and impatient.

TL:DR BF didn't tell me where his fuse box despite an electrician coming and it caused loads of stress. He says it's my fault for not knowing.



Submitted March 22, 2021 at 03:45AM by throwawayhex134 https://ift.tt/3lBUQtD
BF(30m) didn't answer a simple question and caused me(30f) lots of stress. Do you think I have the right to be annoyed and how should we better communicate in person? BF(30m) didn't answer a simple question and caused me(30f) lots of stress. Do you think I have the right to be annoyed and how should we better communicate in person? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 22, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.