Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend and I have nothing in common anymore. Does it matter?

My (28f) boyfriend (28m) and I have been together 5 years. We met and were friends for about 2 years before we got together, so I’ve know him a long time and feel like we’ve almost grown up together.

When we got together, he was more “edgy” in style, a lot more active, outdoorsy, in college and worked a minimum wage job, he was always happy to lucky, funny and up for adventure.

I was a little less “edgy/alternative” in style than I am now (less piercings/dyed hair etc), a bit less active but still very outdoorsy and the same in college and worked minimum wage job.

Fast forward to 5 years later, I think I have stayed mostly the same except I am more a lot more active, still into the outdoors, I have a better job but my hobbies mean a lot more to me than the job.

My boyfriend hasn’t bought clothes in 5 years, he still wears what his mom buys for him, not stylish at all and refuses to take any advice, he has gained a lot of weight and has no interest in doing outdoorsy things, staying active or going to the gym despite me mentioning how attractive it would be etc multiple times. It’s gotten to the point where I need to just accept it or not because he doesn’t want to change.

He has a good job in business now and that is all he talks about or is interested in... work or his salary.

He’s become very stingy with money. I understand he needs to save but I earn less than him, have more outgoings, drive 95% of the time and I still pay for most things in the relationship. If I didn’t we would never go out or do anything except sit at home and watch Netflix which bores me to death if that’s all we did every weekend.

I have nothing in common with his friends either, half of them are the same only interested in what goes on in the office and money, the other half act like they are still 19 and binge drink, take drugs and complain about how their girlfriends are nags every weekend. It’s an odd mix when they get together. I sometimes go just to make an appearance and am friendly and chatty but usually make an excuse and leave early because they’re not the type of people I’d ever willingly want to be around.

But my boyfriend is still the same sweet caring person and we do share mostly the same moral values and some life goals.

Is our relationship doomed or can it work even if we’re so different?

TL;DR: Can our relationship work if after five years my boyfriend (28m) and I (28f) have both changed and have completely different interests, personal style and friend groups?



Submitted October 22, 2021 at 02:49PM by Libratree https://ift.tt/3Ep38xd
My boyfriend and I have nothing in common anymore. Does it matter? My boyfriend and I have nothing in common anymore. Does it matter? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 23, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.