Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I have a relationship with my half sibling?

I (26F) and my other two full siblings (27F and 20M) found out a few years ago about our dad’s affair and the resulting child. My dad is in his 50s, as is my mom, and the woman he had an affair with (for years) is in her 30s.

My mom initially accepted the situation and stayed, as a result all of my siblings and I accepted our half sibling and started a relationship with him. However, my parents are now divorced and I’m in therapy trying to sort through years of mental/physical abuse from my father and just general parental neglect from his side. I’m working on cutting him out of my life, at least temporarily. Sadly, it also feels like that ends the relationship I have with my 3 year old half sibling. He’s such a sweet and smart little boy but I’m unable to really communicate with him without going through my dad. My mom misses him as well considering she helped raise him for the last 3 years. My older sister is still maintaining a relationship with my father (and thus sibling) despite all he’s done to us and our family.

Not sure if there’s a perfect solution here, just wish there wasn’t so much mental turmoil behind it all.

TLDR: how do I have a relationship with a half sibling without having one with my dad?



Submitted October 30, 2021 at 03:49PM by airinseoul https://ift.tt/3EAKSAG
How do I have a relationship with my half sibling? How do I have a relationship with my half sibling? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 31, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.