Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Changed my opinion on marriage

Hello!

Some background for context I (28F) have been with my boyfriend (27M) for 1.5 years now. I grew up in a household where my parents have been engaged since before I was born but never actually got married. Whereas my boyfriends family have strong examples of long, and healthy marriages.

All my life I've never really seen the appeal of marriage, in the sense that I always saw it as a legal contract which, to me, sounded very unromantic, and can often lead to two people simply staying together because they are married, vs an unmarried couple who choose to stay together everyday... (i'm not saying all marriages here either!). Welcome in my boyfriend who's always wanted to get married. I expressed my opinions on marriage very early (like 3rd date?), which he was fine with. And now recently he's started to say he's changed his opinion and he also see's marriage as unromantic and doesn't like the idea of having to get the government involved and paperwork etc.

However, I've now also changed my mind!!!! And the sound of a small marriage to the man I love is pretty much all I want now. I'm not sure what's changed my mind but the idea of marrying him makes me happy. Question is, how do I express my new opinions to him without looking stupid?

TL;DR how do I tell my boyfriend I now want to get married?



Submitted October 28, 2021 at 05:19AM by siooobhan https://ift.tt/3Er9H25
Changed my opinion on marriage Changed my opinion on marriage Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.