Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I’m [31M] being asked to take care of my Nephew [7M] but I really can’t.

Background, both children are under 10 years old.

My sister, who lives across the country, told me last week she'd be flying into town for a work trip. She then decided to bring my niece with her since it would be her first time in my city. She asked if I'd be ok hanging with her a bit during work and I agreed. The commitment turned out to be a lot more than I thought. On day 1 I babysat from 10 AM to 10 PM, and on Day 2 I baby sit from 11 AM until 6 PM (when they flew out). I didn't get much work done and our puppy didn't get as much attention as she should have, but that's life.

Now her husband is flying into town on a work trip with my nephew. I previously agreed to babysit on Day 1 and her husband and my nephew would spend Day 2 together in a nearby state for an event. We just found out my nephew can't go to the event b/c of COVID vaccine requirements, so they asked if I can babysit during the day.

It's also the last couple days before I go on a two week vacation, so I need to wrap up a ton of work and have some COVID testing and other personal stuff that needs to happen on the second day they want me to babysit. That would be 4 out of 5 work days this week and I'm already behind from taking care of my niece earlier this week. How should I handle this situation and should I clear my calendar to take care of the child?

tl;dr: Sister and her daughter visited this week. I babystat her daughter for 2 days. Now her husband and their son are visiting tomorrow. I have a packed calendar b/c I'm PTO for the next two weeks. I agreed to babysit my nephew for 1 day but they want 2 days now. How do I handle this?



Submitted October 27, 2021 at 04:33PM by confusedfriend12347 https://ift.tt/3nvfbSs
I’m [31M] being asked to take care of my Nephew [7M] but I really can’t. I’m [31M] being asked to take care of my Nephew [7M] but I really can’t. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.