Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [26F] am finding it hard to set boundaries with my LT partner [34M].

I am not sure if I am being unreasonable or if what I’m asking for is just respect for my boundaries.

I get tired sometimes and feel like I just need a bit of alone time to decompress. We both work from home two days a week and today I was exhausted and trying to knock over my work and he kept coming into my office so often it felt like it was every time he had anything at all to say. I find it emotionally draining and I know when I get tired I can get irritable.

I tried to have a conversation tonight about managing communications when I’m tired and grumpy because I feel like he expects me to just flip a switch and be happy and that can make it even harder when I am already under pressure. I just upset him. The thing is he expects he will be able to change my mood and won’t accept me sitting with my feelings. I feel suffocated when he tries to force me to be happy. Is a bit of quiet time some days too much to ask?

Tl;dr my partner gets upset when I feel like I am setting boundaries. Are these boundaries or unreasonable?



Submitted October 29, 2021 at 03:37AM by spring-stuff https://ift.tt/3CvuLEe
I [26F] am finding it hard to set boundaries with my LT partner [34M]. I [26F] am finding it hard to set boundaries with my LT partner [34M]. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.