Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm [31 M] with my GF [29 F] 3 months, Argument has left me bitter and resentful

My GF and I have been together for a few months, we got over the honeymoon stage pretty fast, I would say within a month we were comfortable with each other. Now granted we're not a perfect couple by any means, we get along well 97% of the time but we can still argue about things.

We had a rather intense argument over the weekend Sunday for briefly about 20 minutes. Nothing major or massive, nothing bad was said, opinions were expressed - but it was an opportunity to discuss and iron things out and get it over with. My GF kind of blew this argument out of the water, and I was getting accused of Manipulation, then gaslighting, then she said how she pictured me isn't what she thought, basically a lot of hurtful things which made me for a moment not realize who I was with, it almost felt like someone else came out.

I kept my space, gave her space and she had a session with her therapist who advised her that she was overreacting which is what she told me over the phone. The problem with this is that when we had an argument she went to everyone else except me.

She now wants to pretend none of this happened, and all is good but I'm left really angry, and bitter because of the things she accused me of and said. Even when I talk to her now, I don't feel like I can have my guard down, sort of like in a business setting.

Is this sort of feeling normal to have after arguments and how long does it last? I can't help but retract and get cold around this person now more so than ever, not out of hate but this feeling of being connected doesn't seem the same anymore.


TL;DR: GF and I got into an argument, she accused me and said hurtful things. Her network of friends and therapists told her she was wrong and overreacted, she wants to pretend nothing happened and let's move on, but I'm left feeling bitter, resentful, and not as connected to her anymore. Is this normal, and how long does it last?



Submitted October 26, 2021 at 08:10AM by Givemeallyourtacos https://ift.tt/3CkBaBZ
I'm [31 M] with my GF [29 F] 3 months, Argument has left me bitter and resentful I'm [31 M] with my GF [29 F] 3 months, Argument has left me bitter and resentful Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.