Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (f17) don't want to show parents my college essay and don't know how to tell them

Currently, I (f17) am applying to college. My parents (f and m 50s) are VERY involved in the process, I've been studying for the ACT and SAT since I was a freshman. I also have a tutor to help with my application, and I have meetings occasionally with my school college counselor as well.

The problem is is that for the UC Schools, I have written three out of the four essays. I've been struggling to come up with a fourth essay that isnt repetitive and that I'm comfortable talking about with my parents or showing other adults in my life. I really do think that my idea for the fourth essay would be good and show another side of me, but I really do not feel comfortable even talking about it with my parents.

I've been considering on just writing a shitty essay and the essay I want, and just turning it in last minute, but that would mean tons of editing and revision on the shitty version. I don't want to make my chances for college even a little slimmer, but I also really do not want to talk to my parents about it.

TLDR: I have a personal essay I want to write that I think would be a lot better than my other essay, but its a lot more personal and I don't want to show my parents or a college counselor it



Submitted October 22, 2021 at 11:54AM by Curious_Structure_71 https://ift.tt/30VUdEU
I (f17) don't want to show parents my college essay and don't know how to tell them I (f17) don't want to show parents my college essay and don't know how to tell them Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 23, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.