Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (31F) had a classmate over (32F) and wonder if I'm a bad host or she not a great guest?

So my classmate had to travel over an hour to school everyday, and told me she slept on someones couch a few times but didn't want to impose so she might just rent a hotel twice a week instead. I casually mentioned I have an extra empty bedroom and she was welcome to come. She asked if she could stay 2x a week for the next 7 months. I actually said I didn't mind.

I cleaned the house top to bottom, but did say she may want to bring her own blanket and pillow as mine aren't that great (it was already furnished just for grad school students, not luxury but not bad in my opinion).

On the night, she forgot to bring anything but I gave what I had in terms of clean blankets and sheets. I went to bed early as I was very tired and have her free reign of the house. The next morning when I woke up,, she was already gone. She never texted me to thank or even acknowledge what happened, and awkwardly avoided me at school.

She was supposed to stay again today. I asked if she was still coming, and in front of 10 classmates she said she booked a hotel instead. I said she's still welcome if she wants. She said in front of everyone she didn't want to because she was uncomfortable and asked my other classmate right in front of me if she could crash on their couch instead for the next 2 nights and called the hotel right in front of all of us to cancel her reservation.

I felt so embarrassed and hurt. I really cleaned the house spick and span, gave her privacy and basically offered a free room for months and I feel insulted that she thought the bed in her room was too hard or something. I also freshly washed the sheets and offered clean towels. I felt hurt she never even thanked me at all for letting her have my clean private room and rather sleep on someones couch.

Do you think I should ask what went wrong or let it go? I can't help but feel offended by what happened.

TLDR: Offered a free room in a clean home for months, never got a thank you and she embarrassed me in front of people. What should I do now? It's a small class so I can't really avoid her.



Submitted December 01, 2021 at 12:57AM by Due_Scheme_2379 https://ift.tt/3o8qGRw
I (31F) had a classmate over (32F) and wonder if I'm a bad host or she not a great guest? I (31F) had a classmate over (32F) and wonder if I'm a bad host or she not a great guest? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.