Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My grandfather is sexually harassing my mother, his daughter-in-law

For some context, my (17) grandfather (84) is from my father's side so my mother (48) isn't biologically related to him. My father passed away several years ago, and my grandmother (grandfather's wife) also passed away about 2 years ago. My mom and I have never really been close to my grandfather but since my dad's and grandma's passing we've tried to reach out more and provide more support since he's really struggling and grief-stricken on his own. My mom has this routine of dropping off this specific brand of bread to my grandpa's place whenever he's low on bread even though he goes grocery shopping with my uncle every Sunday and can easily get the bread himself. My mom has also been acting very visibly uncomfortable when my grandfather greets us all with hugs which I never understood. She just recently revealed to me that she's been acting uncomfortable because when she goes to drop off bread and asks my grandpa if he needs anything else, he has said multiple times that he "does need something more but she never gives it to him", and also makes a lot of comments about how young she looks, so she suspects he only wants her to drop off bread so he has the chance to see her alone. He also has winked at her after making these types of comments, and she said he's even slapped her butt before. He's never done or said anything sexual to me but after learning this it's changed my perception of my grandfather completely and I kind of want nothing to do with him anymore, or to at least confront him about it, because he has kept questioning me about why my mom acts so distant and uncomfortable around him. My mom won't go to visit him by herself anymore and will sometimes get me and my brother to drop off the bread. I don't really know what to do or believe since it's very hard to envision my grandfather in this way, especially since he's still in so much pain from losing my grandma, but my mom would never lie about something like this. We plan to have dinner with him on Christmas since no one else is visiting him but I don't know if I'll be able to face him. Should I bring this up with him? Question him? Tell other family members about it? Cut off all contact with him?

TLDR; Grandfather is sexually harassing my mom in secret and I don't know how to handle the situation/address relationship with grandfather



Submitted December 21, 2021 at 07:20PM by candiedblossom https://ift.tt/3srCocp
My grandfather is sexually harassing my mother, his daughter-in-law My grandfather is sexually harassing my mother, his daughter-in-law Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 22, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.