Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (24F) feel inferior dating men with normal family dynamics due to my alcoholic father

I just got out of a three year relationship six months ago with a man who had similar family issues. Since the breakup, I have invested heavily into my own personal growth. I graduated with my Bachelor’s degree, I started traveling, picked up new hobbies, joined a volleyball league… etc.

Now that I am beginning to explore the dating world again, I can’t help but to feel inferior due to my messed up family dynamics. I am talking to someone who seems to have the ideal family with happily married parents. Meanwhile I grew up in a home with an alcoholic, abusive father. I feel guilty for potentially dragging my future SO into my mess. Also, I am afraid of being shamed by him or his family. I am also self conscious about the “daddy issues” stigma that i have worked so hard to not fall into. how do I handle this?

TLDR: looking for advice on how to keep my standards high, while my family is a mess.



Submitted December 21, 2021 at 08:01PM by that_anonymous_chick https://ift.tt/3H26FTi
I (24F) feel inferior dating men with normal family dynamics due to my alcoholic father I (24F) feel inferior dating men with normal family dynamics due to my alcoholic father Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 22, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.