Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How can I mend the broken relationship between my (26F) parents (69M and 65F) and my boyfriend (28M).

This year for Christmas my boyfriend agreed to come and spend it with my family at my parent’s house. We were all having a great time and had a lovely Christmas morning and afternoon.

Christmas night rolls around, right before bed, and my boyfriend’s very docile dog crawled up onto my parent’s couch. I didn’t think this was an issue, because my parents have several cats and a dog that are all allowed on the couch without there ever being an issue.

My dad comes in and sees my boyfriend’s dog on the couch and goes to push her off. He pushes the dog a little too hard and she falls off of the couch and into the coffee table, spilling eggnog that was sitting on the table EVERYWHERE.

Immediately my dad starts yelling about how it was the dog’s fault and that she should have never been on the couch. My boyfriend is in shock after seeing his dog shoved into a table and then having her blamed for the giant mess. He cleans his dog up and takes her to bed.

My dad is NEVER like that. He is so quiet and easygoing and has never so much as raised a hand to anyone or anything. I don’t know what happened last night with him and now my boyfriend doesn’t ever want to go back or visit my parents again.

My dad called me and genuinely apologized today. He really was so upset and didn’t even know how to explain what had happened. He said after the eggnog spilled he just didn’t know what to do or how to handle it. He kept talking about how I’m so smart and he’s so dumb (my dad is very lowly educated) and that he doesn’t know how to handle difficult situations.

Please help me navigate mending the relationship between my parents and boyfriend.

TL;DR: My dad pushed my boyfriend’s dog off of the couch on Christmas and she hit the coffee table pretty hard, spilling eggnog everywhere. My boyfriend does not want to go over to my parent’s house anymore after this. How can I mend the relationship?



Submitted December 26, 2021 at 03:04PM by littlepett https://ift.tt/3z5Vk1U
How can I mend the broken relationship between my (26F) parents (69M and 65F) and my boyfriend (28M). How can I mend the broken relationship between my (26F) parents (69M and 65F) and my boyfriend (28M). Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.