Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I a jerk for leaving Xmas early due to a planned COVID exposure?

I (f25) will try to keep this short. My family lives outside a small town in the Midwest. I have been living in NY for the last three years. My family has always had a “thing” about me. I’m always wrong. I’ll usually just avoid conflict and let them win. No one in my fam is vaxxed or wears masks.

Day one of being back for Xmas, my older brother brought his gf over. Two days later, she was positive for Covid. Genuine mistake, she didn’t know or have symptoms til after the visit. I got tested because we’re seeing fam for Xmas and my gpa just had open heart surgery. No one else in my family would get tested. I was upset but kept my mouth shut. I personally don’t think anyone who didn’t get tested should go.

My other bro said he was doing Xmas Eve with his gfs fam and xmas with our extended fam. His gfs mom has Covid. I got upset because of my gpa, and because I have respiratory issues, lowkey immune issues, and have asthma. I KNOW I’d get seriously Ill or die. No one in my family is vaxxed but me. I got upset and everyone told me I’m overreacting.

I privately pulled my mom aside and said I don’t expect them to accommodate me but I’m not exposing myself or okay with them exposing my gpa so I will get a hotel until the next flight back to NY or stay with a friend. My mom called a fam meeting. They got upset and my brother kind of mockingly said they wouldn’t be with the mom, but rather his gfs sister who lives with the mom but ig is trying to be separate (I doubt it) and then he said even if he got it, he wouldn’t be contagious for several days. This is probably true but I don’t want to risk it. I also know none of my friends I’m planning on seeing would be ok seeing me til I got tested again, meaning I’d be sitting at home doing nothing for the rest of my trip. They didn’t say I was ruining xmas but I felt the implication.

Now everyone’s mad and I’m ruining Christmas. Am I being dramatic?

TLDR: my family is intentionally getting exposed to Covid and then coming around me and I want to go back to NY and not attend Christmas.



Submitted December 23, 2021 at 09:55PM by Just_wanna_be_a_yam https://ift.tt/3eoVEPw
Am I a jerk for leaving Xmas early due to a planned COVID exposure? Am I a jerk for leaving Xmas early due to a planned COVID exposure? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 24, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.