Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My husband (26 M) fears I’m (27 F) going to end up looking like my grandmother.

TLDR: my husband is freaked out by my grandmother’s physical appearance and cruelly reminds me that he’s scared I might look like her.

My husband (26 M) and I (27 F) have been together since 2015. In that time, he has met my grandmother several times. My grandmother has some kind of condition that makes her legs very thick, almost like tree trunks or elephant legs. My husband has expressed many times how much this grossed him out and freaks him out. He has told me that he hopes my legs never look like that.

The past two days, he has made several disparaging comments about my looks, the worst of which was that I have a hump on my neck (kyphosis). When I told him that was a really hurtful comment to make, he simply replied “you promised you wouldn’t look like your grandmother.”

That really hurt me deeply. I feel especially self conscious all of a sudden and have spent the morning googling ways to get rid of my neck hump and crying about feeling ugly to the person who is supposed to love me most in the world. Kinda feel like “for better or for worse” only works for him if I don’t end up looking like my grandmother.

Am I overreacting for being upset?



Submitted December 22, 2021 at 07:08AM by linkon_1848 https://ift.tt/3sq12do
My husband (26 M) fears I’m (27 F) going to end up looking like my grandmother. My husband (26 M) fears I’m (27 F) going to end up looking like my grandmother. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 22, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.