Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [28F] Grandma [86F] is going to tell everyone not to eat my Christmas cooking

Okay so all of this happened moments ago. Tomorrow Grandma and I, who live together, are going over to my aunt and uncle's for Christmas. They're making almost everything, but I wanted to contribute so I spoke to them both midday earlier about what I should make before settling on collard greens, then told them I'd be going to the store soon to get ingredients and we said our goodbyes.

I think greens are best on day 2, plus didn't want to be racing against the clock tomorrow, so I made them late tonight. I let the greens sit on the stove for like an hour until they were not too hot to put in the fridge.

My grandma then starts telling me stories about potlucks where people served rancid food and told me she was worried my food was unsafe. I assured her it wasn't out that long.

"Why did you even make it so early?" she asked.

"I think it's better on day two," I replied.

"It's not day two. I saw you make it yesterday."

From further conversation I began to realize that Grandma thinks I made the greens 24 hours ago, and that they've been on the stove unrefrigerated for these 24 hours. I made them RIGHT NOW. The reason her brain generated this is because she's aging and her memory isn't great. It's a good time to mention that she's the most sweet and kind and good natured and wonderful grandma in the world. But I can feel it in my bones that tomorrow she's going to whisper behind my back and tell the family not to eat what I made because I left it sitting out for a day. And her memory issues mean she is not capable of taking feedback.

I know that my relatives will judge me if I "bring drama" by telling them this story the way I've said it here. I also feel sad knowing they're going to think I'm serving them something old and rotten and gross. There's a chance Grandma will say nothing, but IDK. I'm specifically looking for feedback on what to say to the family other than her, because I know she's not to be reasoned with. What do I say to them, if anything?

TL;DR: My grandma arbitrarily misremembers me cooking the Christmas greens a day ago and leaving it out for 24 hours. I actually made it just now and put it in the fridge just now. How do I counter her saying this to the rest of the family, so they don't think I'm a gross weirdo trying to food poison them?



Submitted December 25, 2021 at 02:43AM by xmascook https://ift.tt/3ptdpUq
My [28F] Grandma [86F] is going to tell everyone not to eat my Christmas cooking My [28F] Grandma [86F] is going to tell everyone not to eat my Christmas cooking Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 25, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.