Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I make up for not getting my friends gifts for Christmas?

I (22f) was invited to my best friend’s (22f) white elephant party tonight. She sent me a flyer for the party (she likes making them) so I assumed it would be us and maybe some of her other friends. Turns out it was just the two of us and our other close friend (22M) and her BF (23M). So her 3 closest people. We became friends this past spring.

She said 10 dollar max for the white elephant gift. So I came to the party with that and a bottle of wine. After the white elephant was over both of my friends gave me super nice thoughtful gifts. I was so surprised, and I had nothing for them! I feel like the worst friend ever. I hadn’t gotten them gifts because I just assumed we’re all broke and a 10 dollar white elephant was what we were doing.

I can get them gifts tomorrow and maybe deliver them to each of them. But would that make me seem like a bad friend? Should I wait till we come back from Christmas break and give them gifts around New Years? Should I just apologize to my friend and say I didn’t realize we were doing gifts. No one was upset with me at all or even said it was a problem but it’s weighing on me.

TL;DR! I didn’t get my friends gifts because I thought we were just doing a white elephant, and I don’t know the best course to give them gifts without seeming like the worst friend ever.



Submitted December 20, 2021 at 09:04PM by goobun11 https://ift.tt/3qeCkKz
How do I make up for not getting my friends gifts for Christmas? How do I make up for not getting my friends gifts for Christmas? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 21, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.