Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My best friend recently became my boss

I’m 29F and my best friend is 32F. We’re neighbors, coworkers and our kids are the same ages. We’ve worked together for 6 years and 6 months ago she was promoted to my boss. I was so excited for her and she’s the perfect candidate for the job. We talked beforehand on how we could keep work and our friendship separate, but I really didn’t anticipate how much our dynamic would change.

In my opinion, that plan has crashed and burned. There are no conversations anymore where she is not my boss, both in and out of work. When I talk about problems in my personal life, she tells me how easy I have it or she uses corporate style lingo to offer emotionless responses. She also says she can’t ever talk to me about what’s on her mind because so much of it is management-level information that I’m not privy too. We never used to talk about work much before, but we’re in healthcare and you can imagine it’s been very stressful lately. That’s bled over into our personal lives.

At this point, I’m just looking for a new job, which I can’t even talk to her about. I don’t want to pull the rug out from underneath her either, but I’m stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Has anyone successfully navigated a friendship through a new work status?

TL;DR: Best friend became my boss and now she’s never NOT my boss inside and outside of work.



Submitted December 24, 2021 at 08:09PM by kyelmo https://ift.tt/3ErJEYf
My best friend recently became my boss My best friend recently became my boss Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 25, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.