Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How can I (30f) respond to criticism in a healthier way with my husband (35m)?

Married 7 years. Together 11.

We just had our second child last month. My body changed a bit and differently than our first. I gained 30 lbs for pregnancy and lost 15. I have 15 to go. Over the years he made small comments about me not being in shape (I was VERY thin and had zero muscle so this is true), but it’s gotten worse.

He makes remarks on my clothing and hair mostly. Honestly I’m never put together anymore because I’m very tired and have postpartum depression and postpartum anxiety. It’s difficult for me to brush my hair. My clothes and shoes are very worn. Do I look a mess? Yes. Do I care enough to change? No.

When he makes a remark on my appearance, I shut down and get upset. Which causes an argument. Cycle repeats. It doesn’t stop the remarks though.

I truly think he feels like he has a horribly ugly wife and he is depressed about it.

I don’t think my response is ideal. I’m wondering how else to respond without causing arguments but to get the point across that I don’t want to hear the criticisms. I don’t want to change anything right now. I can’t. I just want to be a mom.

Thanks in advance for any input.

TL;DR How do I handle criticism on my appearance?



Submitted December 03, 2021 at 01:13PM by Mamablues1990 https://ift.tt/3DAoGWR
How can I (30f) respond to criticism in a healthier way with my husband (35m)? How can I (30f) respond to criticism in a healthier way with my husband (35m)? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 04, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.