[Update] Friend (25f) put me (27f) on the spot by telling the judge she and her baby could move in with me before asking my permission
Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/q9np6c/friend_25f_put_me_27f_on_the_spot_by_telling_the
So this unfortunately isn't a good update and I'm looking for advice.
After posting I texted Emma the following Sunday 10/17: "Hey, I'm sorry, but you moving in isn't a good idea. Its too much of a risk for me losing my apartment. I was put on the spot because, before you went in to court, we were talking about you going to FL, then, when you called me after, you told me the judge agreed to (state). I don't feel we really discussed it before you told the judge. I'm here to help you find resources in (state) if you still want to move here. There's a domestic violence shelter in (town) that will allow moms and kids to have their own rooms. I feel terrible, but its too much of a risk for me to take. 3 years ago I was homeless. I can't risk losing my home."
She responded: "It's Ok! I understand, and yeah it kinda was a rushed idea/plan, sorry about that. Shelters are not an option though, I will lose my kid. So I'll really need to find a place"
I didn't respond. But clearly we determined she wouldn't be staying with me, or so I thought. She snapchatted me Monday asking to take screenshots of our conversations about Ed and I said it was fine. Snapchat notifies the other person if a screenshot, and she never took the screenshots.
THEN yesterday (Friday) Emma calls me and I don't answer. I knew she had court Thursday. Emma texts the following: "Hey, so I have a place to go in (state), however, since you were mentioned and put down first, I can't change that information without it being put against me. So I need you to play it off for me that we will still be staying with you and if need be, you have a brother named "Steve" who we can also stay with. (Steve is another good friend of mine in nc who we will be staying with)" 2nd text from Emma: "You're the only person I can use as a witness per say in court and they basically just want to hear from someone that isn't me that I won't be homeless going down there. Call me as soon as you can please"
So I guess she lied in court on Thursday and said she could come to my place?? After I made clear Sunday she couldn't come here. I responded: "Emma I can't lie to a judge like that. A simple search can prove my siblings names. I don't know what could be held against me if they find out I lied. I've never lied in court in my own personal legal situations and I just can't in any situation. Its too much of a risk. Say my lease wouldn't approve you because that's the whole reason why you couldn't come here."
Long story short, she continues to try to talk me in to LYING IN COURT ON VIDEO CALL. Saying I can just tell them she's coming to my place and we will go to Steve's if I get evicted. I insist no I will not lie in court (AKA PERJURY) and that I was pressured into this. She insists she didn't pressure me that I offered (bs) and that she loves me. That really pissed me off so one of my texts back included: "So you want me to risk being evicted and getting into legal trouble for you? No. Don't say you love me. That's not what friends do to each other. I would NEVER expect you to risk your stability or legal trouble for me." Then I blocked her sigh
ADVICE NEEDED: Since she lied to the judge on Thursday. I am worried she is going to have someone else do the video call and say they are me. I am wondering what I should do. IF I should do anything at all? My concern if she has someone pretend they are me and she does get permission to come here. What if she doesn't do what she's supposed to and gets in trouble so they look for her at my address? And when I say "Wait no she's not here" they will say "Well you testified in court she is" and I don't know what legal trouble that would cause for ME. I'm also concerned she would get charged with perjury if I report she said she could come here after I made it clear she couldn't. But ultimately her lying on Thursday proves to me she is willing to continue lying in court and I need to protect myself.
Any advice is really appreciated. Obviously I need to keep her blocked everywhere. Should I also contact her local clerk or court?
Tl;dr: Friend volunteered me in court for her and her baby to move in before clearing it with me. I finally said no on Sunday, but she lied in court on Thursday and said they could come here still. She tried to talk me in to doing a video chat appearance in court saying she could come here. I am worried she will have someone else do the video chat after I refused to. Advice please!
Submitted October 23, 2021 at 06:14AM by throwRAweirdroomies https://ift.tt/3vCN8Eo


No comments:
Post a Comment