Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My Dad (43M) keeps Yelling at me (16F) to get my Learners

TLDR: So basically My dad wants me to get my learners even tho I'm terrified to do so, but he keeps arguing with me even after I got my first job and it seems like he doesnt care.

I've always been scared by the thought of driving and having a job, I knew one day it would happen but I just wanted to live my young life being well... young. I said I would try to study for the test many times but get side tracked or scared of the questions and the thought of MY experience when I would be driving so I usually stall it, and I do understand that my dad would love for me to get it done soonish because he thinks he failed as a parent with my brother when he got his learners very late. I'm really sad that he has to pressure me so much to get it especially when I'm a very sensitive and emotional person to begin with. I think of myself as still a young child just because I need to depend on my parents a lot and I'm so terrified by the real world which i know is kind of pathetic to a lot of people.

I did however get my first job as a kitchen hand today after doing 5 days of work experience for school and getting offered the job which I think is a major goal achieved in my life, especially when getting a job for me was one thing that scared me the most.

So I was extremely happy and fulfilled at that point and so was my mum also. My dad however doesnt seem to care about it more than me getting my learners. At that point I thought he only cared about that than me so I became very upset even while I'm typing this. I do love my dad tho, I think he is the best dad I could have ever asked for and I know he just wants me to get out of my shell and prepare for the world out there. But when I finished work today after 6 hours of washing dishes non stop which is a lot of hard work for me, he didnt seem to appreciate it at all and kept mentioning to get my learners, even after I said I wouldnt mind catching a bus if it is a burden for my mum to drive me to work (and yes my mum drives me to work and not my dad). So anyway I get home after work, tired out of my mind and he decides to argue with me and mum when she backs me up.

I dont know what more I can do without touching the learners test anymore, I'm not even motivated to even try at this point just because my dad arguing makes me angry and then I just dont want to satisfy him anymore. I love him but I hate him at the same time and I'm confused on how much he cares anymore. Now I'm even more terrified to progress through life just because of my pressuring dad.



Submitted October 23, 2021 at 06:41AM by SkylarXiao21 https://ift.tt/3Cb4H0K
My Dad (43M) keeps Yelling at me (16F) to get my Learners My Dad (43M) keeps Yelling at me (16F) to get my Learners Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 23, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.