throwaway because not usual content
When I first met my wife, she was a single mom to the cutest daughter I have ever seen. She had left her abusive ex, and her daughter was scared of men. As soon as I met my wife, I knew she was the one for me, and I already knew that I would do anything and everything for her.
Slowly I started to gain her daughter's trust (who initially stayed far away from me) and she would let me hold her hand as she crossed the street, sit next to me to watch princess movies, and let me cut up her dinner and help her eat.
I still remember the first time she asked me to do something with her like it was yesterday. She asked me to go the zoo and see the giraffes. I bought us matching stuffed giraffes that day and she laughs at me now and tells me "Daddy, you are too OLD for stuffed animals!"
Throughout the years we got closer and closer, and I started to be more of a parent to her and less of a friend, and she started to call me daddy.
I now have two younger sons and my wife is pregnant with another daughter, but she will always be my first born and the one who made me a dad. First borns alway have a special place in your heart.
I am so proud of her. My wife doesn't think that we need to save every bit of artwork she does at school, but I love it all and keep it all in a box.
Today the adoption became official. She has always been mine, but now she is legally mine. I am legally her dad. My daughter has my last name. I hope I do her proud and spend the rest of her life teaching her and loving her mother and siblings.
I made this account because I just want to tell everyone that I am now her dad (and I think people who know personally might be a bit annoyed by now)
I want to make sure that our relationship stays good and want to avoid the "you're not my dad" in the future. Does anyone have advice?
TL;DR: adopted 7 year old stepdaughter and want to make sure the relationship stays good
Submitted October 22, 2021 at 05:34PM by Fantastic_Function25 https://ift.tt/3b01wNE


No comments:
Post a Comment