Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [28/F] friend [41/F] announced she is getting married next week. I have reason to believe she is lying.

Wendy and I have been friends for several years. We used to live in the same city and see one another often. I knew she had a history of traumatic relationships and had hence decided not to date, but I also knew she had a pretty intense crush on a friend of a friend I had never met, James.

When I moved to another state, we stayed in touch via phone calls. She told me that her feelings for James were becoming stronger, despite the fact that they had no contact. Soon, she began telling me that they were in love but his ex-girlfriend was preventing them from being together. Because these conversations became so odd, I stopped the calls and stepped away from the friendship.

This week, I visited my former city on an impromptu trip and met up with Wendy. She told me the exciting news that her and James were finally getting married after this ex had kept them apart so long. She showed me photos of a home he bought her, of horses he bought her, and of her in a wedding dress. She told me the name of the venue and invited me. Then she dropped the bombshell that James is apparently a millionaire.

All of this seemed off to me and when I got home, my concerns mounted. Her house was not packed despite the fact she is supposedly moving imminently. Money seems tight for her, she is living in relative squalor, if she has a millionaire fiance, why isn't he helping her?

I did some digging. I found the house she showed me on Zillow, still for sale. I found the horses on a website for a local ranch that does tours. I called the venue and they told me they are unbooked on the supposed wedding date. All the available evidence tells me that she is not getting married. My gut tells me that her and James are not even in a relationship or have any contact.

I don't know what to do next. Do I confront her? Do I warn James? Are these simply lies or are they delusions and the symptom of a serious mental illness? How do I help her?

TLl;DR: My friend claims to be getting married, all evidence points to that being a lie or delusion.



Submitted July 28, 2018 at 11:07PM by amydsd https://ift.tt/2v458K3
My [28/F] friend [41/F] announced she is getting married next week. I have reason to believe she is lying. My [28/F] friend [41/F] announced she is getting married next week. I have reason to believe she is lying. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.