Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [40F] daughter [23F] has gotten involved with a dangerous boyfriend [20sM]

Hi all.

My daughter, Rebecca, is a lovely girl. I got pregnant at 17 and her father deserted us. I raised her on my own (with support from my parents and friends). I spent a lot of time with her while at the same time holding down a job and working my way up. Eventually I set up my own business and was able to move us into a more comfortable area.

Rebecca is a lovely young woman. She did well at school, had lots of friends, and unlike me never got into any trouble. She went to university and already has a well-paid job for a big company in the city.

In terms of relationships, every boy she ever brought home was a genuinely nice, honest and friendly guy. Obviously all those relationships ended, and the latest one ended in heartbreak when he cheated on her. Because of this she's been upset and has been going out drinking/clubbing with friends a lot more.

Unfortunately she met and brought home this guy called Danny one night a few months back, and ever since then they've been together. He's literally vile. A quick google search reveals quite a few violent criminal convictions. He's been to prison twice and is constantly in and out of jobs. He's got a new job and been fired three times in the last few months. He brings his friends to hang around our house drinking and smoking most nights. He's made at least one racist comment (which was very offensive to me since my granddad is a black man from Nigeria, though since me and Rebecca both look white, Danny doesn't seem to realise this). He also said something to her about ''not being allowed'' in a certain area, and when I was growing up a comment like that usually means you're gang affiliated.

However, the most disgusting thing is that he tried to come onto me a few weeks ago. He said ''what Rebecca doesn't know won't hurt her''. Obviously I refused and told Rebecca immediately. Shockingly, she accused me of lying. She'd rather believe this vile man over her own mother.

Worse than that, she went out with him and his friends last Saturday. I got a call in the early hours of the morning to pick her up from the police station. Apparently they went down to the railway tracks to smoke weed, and were arrested by covert police. They've all been charged with trespassing on the railway, and Rebecca has additionally been charged with possessing cannabis, since Danny apparently thought ''the rich city worker would get away with it''. It's not likely she'll go to prison since she's never been in trouble before and the charges aren't serious, but she'll get a criminal record. Although she's still at work, this could seriously affect her long term career/professional reputation.

She's still decided to stick by him. We had a long argument where I insisted that he's not good for her and tried to point out that he pinned the drugs onto her. She insisted that she loves him and that they had a future together. I don't know how to get through to her that this man is seriously bad news.


tl;dr: My daughter got involved with a very dangerous man, and is now likely to get a criminal record because of it.



Submitted July 30, 2018 at 10:28AM by MissManda78 https://ift.tt/2v2KEBd
My [40F] daughter [23F] has gotten involved with a dangerous boyfriend [20sM] My [40F] daughter [23F] has gotten involved with a dangerous boyfriend [20sM] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.