Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [23M] just found out my roommate/friend [23M] has been stealing from me

I live in a two bedroom apartment on a college campus with my roommate who is also a student at the university. For the past few months, I've noticed some strange occurrences with my ADHD meds. I noticed that occasionally the pills would be empty, or look tampered with, or be filled with a white powder instead of the usual beads. Then I started noticing that I would run out of pills before the end of the month. Now this month, I was so short that I resorted to obtaining some extra meds by other means. I just bought 21 tablets two days ago, but today when I checked my pill bottle there were only 4 left (and I hadn't taken any in the past few days). He and I are the only two people that are in the apartment - we very rarely have people over.

On top of this, I noticed my supply of marijuana (legal where I live) slowly dwindling even though I hadn't been smoking. I thought it was weird and that maybe I was just imagining things, but now I'm sure he was the one stealing both the marijuana and the ADHD meds. I know I shouldn't have done this, but I looked in his room and found a few of my missing pills.

If this were just a roommate, I would confront him immediately. However, we've been living together for three years now. I consider him a close friend and we hang out a lot. The situation is complicated further by the fact that I'll be moving out of the apartment in 4 days since I'm graduating. However, we planned a trip out of state together with me, him, and two other guys, so I'll be with him for 5 days post-graduation. Should I confront him about this? Or should I just cut off contact after the post-graduation trip? I really doubt he'll come clean, and I don't want to admit to snooping in his room. I feel like it could just make the situation worse.

tl;dr: Roommate/close friend of three years is stealing my meds, but I'm about to move out and go on a trip with him for a week. Should I confront him or let it go?



Submitted July 31, 2018 at 11:26AM by ballsacagawea69 https://ift.tt/2AtvQ3x
I [23M] just found out my roommate/friend [23M] has been stealing from me I [23M] just found out my roommate/friend [23M] has been stealing from me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.