Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (24/f) am accidentally pregnant. My boyfriend (23/m) is kind of acting like I did it on purpose

I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 years. We always agreed we didn’t want kids—and that in the case of accidental pregnancy, we’d have an abortion.

Well, it happened. I’m pregnant. I take a pregnancy test every month (because I take my birth control pill continuously and don’t get my period), and this month’s came up positive. So I took three more. All positive.

I panicked for about an hour. Then I realized I’m actually very lucky: I have health insurance, I live in an area where it’s easy to access abortion services, and I have enough money to pay for it.

So I calmed myself down and called my boyfriend. I told him what happened, explained that we were going to have to speak to insurance to figure out what they’d cover, call planned parenthood in the case that my insurance didn’t cover it at all, schedule a gyno visit, get a referral, etc.

He didn’t take it well. He started FREAKING out, asking me how I could let this happen, why I wasn’t more responsible with the pill, etc. I told him I don’t know how it happened—that I take the pill at the same time everyday and never miss it. I said I didn’t know if it was a manufacturing error or my mistake, and that it doesn’t really matter at this point.

Nothing calmed him down. He kept saying he didn’t understand how this had happened if i was really as careful with the pill as I said I was, that it has a 99.9% success rate when taken correctly...on and on about how he just can’t believe that this could happen. He hasn’t done a thing to emotionally support me through the medical procedure I’m about to have, and he’s done no leg work to actually help me schedule appointments and find out what everything is going to cost. He’s too busy flipping out about how I even got pregnant in the first place

I’m really annoyed because I mean...I understand that this is an upsetting thing, but we’re literally just following the plan that we had all along. Plus, I’m the one who’s getting the abortion, and he should be supporting me! Not criticizing me and trying to assess blame.

I should mention that he’s always been an amazing boyfriend and has been there for me through a lot of my personal tragedies. He’s never acted like this in the 3 years we’ve been together. I seriously don’t get what the hell is going on. I really need him to calm the hell down and help me plan for the medical procedure I need. How do I get him to stop acting like an asshole?

Tl;dr I’m pregnant, neither of us want the kid. My boyfriend is too busy blaming me for the pregnancy to help me prepare for the abortion



Submitted July 29, 2018 at 07:02PM by flounder19601953 https://ift.tt/2AsN15E
I (24/f) am accidentally pregnant. My boyfriend (23/m) is kind of acting like I did it on purpose I (24/f) am accidentally pregnant. My boyfriend (23/m) is kind of acting like I did it on purpose Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.