Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me [29F] with my future in-laws, everything is always about my future sister-in-law (36F) including my upcoming wedding and it’s driving me crazy

My fiancé and I got engaged this year and are slated to get married next year. We are Indian and our wedding will be a four day extravagenza MDW weekend. It’s the most popular time to get married so I have made moves and booked my hair, makeup, and bridal henna (very intricate and different from your typical party henna). I also booked hair and makeup for the events for my 6-7 family members.

For the reception, I booked hair and makeup for my future mother and sister in law (let’s call her Reena). Reena’s father passed away 3 months before she was married, and she cancelled her wedding reception. She doesn’t have many friends here and moved from a different country post marriage. I wanted to make this special for her as well. I told my future MIL about the hair and makeup booking and she told me I should ask focus on what Reena wants for hair and makeup since she’s more important. And MIL also asked me to see if my henna lady could do Reena’s henna and to get in touch with Reena since it’s an emotional time for her since she never had a reception 3 years ago...

I’m all for making Reena feel special, but it’s getting on my nerves how my in laws only care about what she wants and are making this wedding all about her. It is starting to feel like she’s also the bride... I would be very annoyed if Reena got bridal henna (full arms done) for my wedding or wore red (typical for Indian brides) to my wedding. And it’s starting to hit me how much special treatment she gets. I remember for our engagement party at the in law’s house, I had hurt my wrist but was cleaning, packing away food, and offered to drop off people home in my car at 1 am, but my in laws were concerned that Reena needed to get sleep since she had work the next day. I also had work the next day - it feels like I don’t matter at all. It’s always about what Reena wants.

I just feel incredibly negative about her. I get a weird vibe from her. The way she kept asking me if I am going to go to India to shop for wedding outfits, or the way she’s always asking about my career. When I got a new job she kept asking me if it was a lateral move or not and would periodically look at my LinkedIn profile, or how she’s always fishing for compliments and complaining she doesn’t have time to go to the gym (we get it girl, you lost weight), and how much her husband loves her and how he shows it every day (my fiancé doesn’t like her and tends to be more reserved and more aloof in front of her and that means less affectionate towards me).

How do I remain positive about all this?- I need a fresh perspective - maybe I’m being a bridezilla already.

TL;DR: Future in laws are all about what my future sister in law want for my wedding and want to treat her equally to me - but I’m the bride!



Submitted July 30, 2018 at 09:38AM by cookiesaresoyummy https://ift.tt/2Aodgd8
Me [29F] with my future in-laws, everything is always about my future sister-in-law (36F) including my upcoming wedding and it’s driving me crazy Me [29F] with my future in-laws, everything is always about my future sister-in-law (36F) including my upcoming wedding and it’s driving me crazy Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.