Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [22F] boyfriend's [26 M] constant eating is leaving me broke.

I'm a bit grumpy right now and I need a place to rant.

I have always had an open fridge policy with my boyfriend. I'm a feeder and I love to cook for people. My boyfriend works long hard days, and eats most of his meals at my apartment. He sometimes does my grocery shopping for me, or just slips me some money for all the food he eats (probably $60-$80), but it isn't enough any more. I'm broke right now, and I'm hungry, and he's going to get off work in an hour and if he starts complaining that theres nothing to eat or that he's hungry, I might snap.

My boyfriend eats three times as much as I do easily. I cannot keep a loaf of bread in my house. It's like he sniffs it out and the entire loaf is gone within minutes. Cheese and juice are the same. I make enough pasta to feed a family and he can finish everything and then be back in the kitchen making popcorn an hour later. I've done three grocery trips since Wednesday, fruit, pasta, yogurt, juice, 5 loaves of bread, salami, cheese, honey, olives. I spent probably $130 on food and its all gone.

My boyfriend is in great shape, and I'd never want to shame anyone for eating when they're hungry, because I've been there before and it doesn't feel good. But come on. I'm close to tears right now because I don't know what I'm going to eat for dinner and I certainly don't have enough to feed him. I want to just tell him he can't come over so that I don't have to deal with this stress.

I know that something has to change with the way that we handle food in the relationship. I don't want to have to ask him to be more considerate of how much he's eating. I'd feel stingy asking him to pitch in more money for food. We're not roommates, he's my boyfriend and I'm happy to feed him. How do you handle grocery shopping with a SO when you don't even live together? What is fair here?

TL;DR: My boyfriend eats three times as much as I do in my house. He does my grocery shopping for me sometimes, and also gives me some money every month to help cover the cost of everything he eats. I'm hungry and I'm angry because he's eaten everything in my home.



Submitted July 31, 2018 at 08:25AM by Kpr123 https://ift.tt/2NYgdDa
My [22F] boyfriend's [26 M] constant eating is leaving me broke. My [22F] boyfriend's [26 M] constant eating is leaving me broke. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.