Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me (21F) with my ex (25M) of 3 years; I’m dating someone new and I’m happy in my relationship yet the idea of seeing my ex move on and date makes me extremely upset. What’s wrong with me?

My ex was horrible to me for 3 years. He neglected me emotionally and sexually and just generally made me feel like a stupid, lazy and ugly sack of shit. When I broke up with him it was like pulling a tooth, he wouldn’t take no for an answer for close to 4 months but I eventually blocked him. I don’t love him anymore, and I haven’t been in love with him for a long time due to how miserable he made me. He brought out my worst insecurities and the worst parts of myself. I was so insecure I even relapsed into self harming and bulimia.

My new boyfriend is a good friend of mine and I’m happy with him. He treats me well and we have a lot of fun. I feel very fulfilled and more ambitious in my life. He makes me feel like everything is okay.

But the problem is...why does the idea of my ex seeing someone new make me feel so bad? It’s as if my whole face goes hot and I feel completely overwhelmed and sad...I’m not saying I want him or want him to not be happy, I have no contact with him and no wish to, but I just don’t know what my problem is or how to get over it. I found out through the grapevine that he’s been seeing new people and the idea of it has genuinely depressed me and made me cry. I feel like an idiot.

Tl;dr - broke up with ex, moved on, but still get really upset at the idea of my ex moving on. Don’t know why, feel really stupid because of it.



Submitted July 30, 2018 at 06:24AM by 19-throwaway https://ift.tt/2K8cgK2
Me (21F) with my ex (25M) of 3 years; I’m dating someone new and I’m happy in my relationship yet the idea of seeing my ex move on and date makes me extremely upset. What’s wrong with me? Me (21F) with my ex (25M) of 3 years; I’m dating someone new and I’m happy in my relationship yet the idea of seeing my ex move on and date makes me extremely upset. What’s wrong with me? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.