Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (F/17) hate my uncle (M/35) and I don’t know what to do about it and how to handle my emotions.

Backstory for him, he had his child/my cousin Marty when he was sixteen which caused him to drop out of high school. Uncle became a drug addict, lost custody of Marty, Marty lived with his mom/soon-to-be abusive family.

The Uncle went to rehab paid by his parents/my grandparents twice. When Uncle lived up here for awhile afterwards, he stole my mom’s/his sister’s jewelry and other family members jewelry/money including his own mother’s for drugs and debt. He was forgiven and moved back to his home state.

When he moved back to his home state, Marty had turned eighteen and left abusive mom’s house, soon him and his dad lived together. Not even a year goes by and Uncle and Marty come up here and live with Uncle’s mom/my grandma/my mom’s mom.

Uncle has now been here for about a month and has stolen money again for drugs. He took money out of my grandma’s purse and left her with less than $10 for a week. She came to my house crying one night saying she didn’t know what to do about him. He has gone through rehab so much and he keeps falling into old habits. I don’t trust Uncle and I don’t like to be affiliated with him. I un-added him on FB and hopefully this is not brought up by anyone.

Cousin Marty didn’t have a phone when he moved up here, so I let him use my old phone until he could afford his own. When Marty finally got his own phone, I asked if I could have my old phone back (I like to keep a back-up phone in case my current one decides to bum out). He said yes and he would have it to me by this week.

Yesterday morning I wake up to my mom knocking on my door. She comes back with my old phone and asks me to log out of iCloud and asks if Uncle can use my phone “for music”. Uncle has his own phone, he can’t listen to music on his own? He also openly disliked Apple whenever he saw my old phone when it was my everyday phone.

I said yes because I knew my mom would be mad if I said no. I logged out my old phone and went back to sleep. Uncle now has old phone, and I’m guessing he’s either going to use iMessage to buy drugs, or sell old phone since it’s still in good condition and has an Otterbox case.

I can’t stand Uncle yet my mom protects him a lot. I know he’s her brother, but it feels like she’s putting his needs before anyone else’s, and he has stolen and lied multiple times. My family keeps giving to him and I’ve come to terms that I’ll probably never like him. How should I handle this? I also want the old phone back but I’m too scared to ask about it.

TL;DR = I don’t like my uncle because of his history of stealing from family and given too many chances, but I have to be around him a lot because my mom and everyone else always forgives him. Help?



Submitted July 31, 2018 at 02:46AM by caesarofcats https://ift.tt/2KdyLxf
I (F/17) hate my uncle (M/35) and I don’t know what to do about it and how to handle my emotions. I (F/17) hate my uncle (M/35) and I don’t know what to do about it and how to handle my emotions. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.