Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [20sF] complained about my neighbor [50/60s M], then he screamed at me in the hallway. I feel trapped in my apartment.

So I moved into a new apartment in February in a small building. Everyone in the building has kept to themselves except my downstairs neighbor. He is always hanging out outside the building, would always talk to me when I took my dog out. At first I thought it was nice, then he asked me some questions I thought were kind of inappropriate. Then he made some racist comments to me. So I was already not a fan of his.

Every day when I come home from work, he is already there, sitting outside, blasting music from inside his apartment. Luckily, the walls are decent enough where I can't usually hear the music but the bass thumps a lot. It goes on for 2 or 3 hours and it gives me a headache. I'd tried to ask him multiple times to turn the bass down. But nothing ever changed.

I finally had it when it had been going on from 10am to 7pm on a weekend. I want to enjoy my apartment too! I emailed the property managers and asked that they speak to him about the bass. For one week it was blissfully bass-free.

Then two days ago it was so loud it rattled my windows and dishes. I took my dog outside to get away from it for a minute and contemplate what to do. When I came back in the front door, my neighbor was waiting for me in the doorway. He started questioning me about calling management, telling me I knew about the noise before I moved in, how he never played it when I'm home because he looks for my car, started raising his voice about me be a troublemaker, causing trouble, starting sh_t I just started walking away at that point because I wasn't about to be yelled at. He yelled after me that if I didn't like it I could get the f_ck out. I reported that to management too.

Now the music happens every day again. I come home from work and sit in my apartment listening to this pounding bass. I don't feel like I should have to leave my apartment to escape it and I can't take my dog everywhere either.

I really don't know what to do. It's not always loud enough to pick up the bass sounds on my phone and I can't afford to break the lease. I'm also kind of scared of this guy now. He's always outside the building, I'm afraid to even walk in and out the front door. I try to wait until I know he's not there but I can't live like this.

If anyone has any ideas about 1) the noise and 2) not being terrified of this man please let me know.

Tl;dr I made a complaint about my neighbor's bass-heavy music to my apartment manager. The neighbor screamed at me and plays even louder now. I'm a little scared and also my brain hurts.



Submitted July 30, 2018 at 03:03PM by throwaway_head_ache https://ift.tt/2K9Xum0
I [20sF] complained about my neighbor [50/60s M], then he screamed at me in the hallway. I feel trapped in my apartment. I [20sF] complained about my neighbor [50/60s M], then he screamed at me in the hallway. I feel trapped in my apartment. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.