Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is it reasonable to expect my[F/24] family members to stay in a hotel rather than in my house?

We have a 3 bedroom house. One is a master, one is my workspace (packed full of stuff), and one is my boyfriend's office which is a tiny room.

My family wants to visit. My aunt, mom, cousin, and brother. They very clearly want to stay at our house, complaining that their tickets will cost $2k total. But like...where do they expect to sleep?

We have 3 extra blankets. There is no guest bed or pillows or sheets or anything. We'd have to buy a ton of of stuff to accommodate them that we would possibly never need or use again, and we have no room for storage. We have a couch, I guess... So that's one down.

Is it fair to say that staying in a hotel makes the most sense? How do I tell them this politely? I tried to tell my mom and she was like "but you have 3 bedrooms". I honestly don't even want to be around them all day anyway. 6 people in our tiny house will be hell.

Tl;Dr: 4 family members are coming to visit and I believe our house cannot accommodate them. Is this fair? How do I tell them?

Important information: I did not invite them. They told me they were coming and assumed we'd put them up. I'm not big on family get togethers at all.

I can easily visit them whenever. This is their vacation rather than a trip to see me.



Submitted July 30, 2018 at 03:38PM by AloeVera4ever https://ift.tt/2NY9B82
Is it reasonable to expect my[F/24] family members to stay in a hotel rather than in my house? Is it reasonable to expect my[F/24] family members to stay in a hotel rather than in my house? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.