Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My bf’s financial situation has me worried for the future

I’m (20f) and my bf(22) of one year only makes about $12hr and he hates his job, so he’s looking for other jobs and applied for a job where he will be making even less. I’m all for him leaving his current job for his mental health but I feel like he’s not thinking about the financial aspect of it.

For starters I’m not the type of person that expects the man to pay for everything and I’m perfectly fine making more than him, but I want him to be able to pull his own weight too. He has a car that he’s making payments on and he can’t afford to put a new battery in it, he can’t afford car or health insurance. Just a month ago I had to pay the up front cost of him going to urgent care that was around $50 and another $20 for antibiotics and the bill for his check up hasn’t come through the mail yet.

We actually just moved in together a month ago and the apartment that we live in is expensive but nothing cheaper is available in my town, and it makes me wonder if he’ll even be able to pay his half of the rent which would be $675 utilities included. I can actually afford to pay it all on my own but it would probably take around 3/4ths of my paycheck just towards rent, but it’s doable.

I have voiced my concern that he might not make enough to cover everything. He said that he has a friend that could teach him welding but every time I ask him about it he just says that that Person is out of town. I even went on indeed and found a welding program that’s free, I sent him the link but he didn’t apply. He spends most of his free time playing video games, and if he’s not playing video games he’s watching other people play video games.

And there’s definitely no job shortages in the area, I went on indeed and set the salary to 15hr+ within a 25mi radius and about nearly 13,000 listings came up.

I’m not sure if I’m being shallow, but I want to be able to retire and own a smaller home that doesn’t need too much work down the road. I’m not sure if he’ll be able to do that.

TL;dr I feel like my bf has no drive to make more and it worries me.



Submitted December 15, 2021 at 06:48PM by WhatAboutTheChicken https://ift.tt/3p9yPG1
My bf’s financial situation has me worried for the future My bf’s financial situation has me worried for the future Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 16, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.