Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My 28F boyfriend 29M of 1.5 years refused to acknowledge or take responsibility for breaking my laptop, so I broke up with him.

Basically I’m just looking or asking for reassurance that I did the right thing because I’m not sure if I did. I’ve had a different ex break something of mine, and then he refused to pay for it, and turned out to be a really shit person. Basically, I’m not sure if I’m being bias, so that’s why I’m posting.

So about the ex: He’s very money focused and oriented, and has probably 15k$ in the bank which really just adds a another layer of anger and frustration regarding an 80$ repair. He refused to pay for it multiple times and would keep insisting I owed him money (for delivery etc) despite never having went to repair my laptop. My boyfriend kept trying to frame the circumstances regarding how my laptop broke is “circumstantial” even though I was literally in the other room, and heard + saw the laptop hit the floor. He accidentally pushed my laptop off my bed, and insists that because it stopped working or had noticeable problems 1 week later; “a really long time” he’s therefor not liable.

We had this conversation probably 3 times, and I’d kept my mouth shut when he repeatedly said he didn’t break it, and I owed him money, so finally I really went off on him in a phone call because I’d felt so betrayed.

He made a comment along the lines of “oh 80$? I can afford anything under 100$” when talking about the repair cost, and so I responded by saying “so our relationship is only worth 100$ to you?” He then backtracked and said no, etc. despite never really showing interest in compromising or mediating.

TLDR: boyfriend claims I damaged laptop before him, therefor he’s not responsible for repairs when it stops working after he drops it.



Submitted November 30, 2021 at 08:02PM by Confused_Fangirl https://ift.tt/3I57Gvj
My 28F boyfriend 29M of 1.5 years refused to acknowledge or take responsibility for breaking my laptop, so I broke up with him. My 28F boyfriend 29M of 1.5 years refused to acknowledge or take responsibility for breaking my laptop, so I broke up with him. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.