Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [23F] mother [58F] called me childish for “grey rocking” around my sister.

I have never gotten along well with my eldest sister [30F]. I’m not going into details but she’s essentially “parentified” in my lone-parent household. She was horrible to me and it affected my upbringing badly. My sister and mother are extremely close.

Now I’ve moved back to my mother’s house and the first four months were very difficult because my sister was still in the house. She moved out two months ago but she still comes over and sleeps overnight every weekend (she lives only 15 mins).

I learned the technique of “grey rock” from Reddit and it works well. Basically I don’t talk to my sister and whenever she comes over, I would retreat and stay in my room because I don’t want to hear her negative attitude.

Tomorrow she’s supposed to come over, so today my mother sat me down and has a conversation. Essentially she wanted my sister and I to get along and that I must treat her with respect. My behaviour around her (ie. not talking or staying away from her) is “childish”. Also she stated that if I continue to act this way, I wouldn’t be able to function in the society because there will be always people that don’t like me. I was so angry that I told my mother to discontinue the conversation.

I don’t know how to come to terms with this.

Edit: I’ve provided more of background information in a comment below.

tl;dr: my mother called me out for using the “grey rock” technique in the presence of my toxic eldest sister. She said that I’m very childish and wouldn’t function well in the society.



Submitted October 26, 2018 at 09:17PM by Gracilis67 https://ift.tt/2CLTDv5
My [23F] mother [58F] called me childish for “grey rocking” around my sister. My [23F] mother [58F] called me childish for “grey rocking” around my sister. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 27, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.