Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Should I [26M] make things work with my ex-fiancee [26F] when it's already broken and my family doesn't like her?

I've been engaged with with my ex fiancee for about 5 months. We were already preparing for marriage. There were many times where she just couldn't stand the fact that I'm a pretty slow decision maker and she felt that my family is plastic towards her when all they did was show her good will and did the best to help her with her situation (not being having PR in this country). One point she decided that she was completely done with me because she's so tired with trying to deal with my being slow and how she felt around my family. She ended it on a call. This was nothing new. She 'ended' it many times before because of her different problems with me in the past. But this time, I realized that I've given her all the love that I can give. My time, my finances, my personal happiness. I've given it all up for her because she became my personal happiness. Everything I did for her made me happy. I don't know what else I can give her so that she'll become happy. Then I remembered that saying, "if you love someone, set them free". So that's what I did. I set her free. So she can stop being so burdened with thinking about my imperfections and my family. She can stop 'breaking up' with me and getting back with me because I was the only one there even though I'm not the one she really wants in a person.

However, she came to a realization that she had completely screwed up. She was so worried about her PR status, of how she will be able to stay in the country to practice her profession so her family can be proud. She thought badly of anything I did wrong or didn't like and always blew it up to epic proportions. She was completely wary of my family even though they treated her as their own child or sister (in my sister's case). She realized that she was too preoccupied thinking about all of those things that she completely neglected to love and take care of me. She wants to repair the relationship now, mend all the things she thought with my family and make it work. She's trying so hard to mend the damage but it has been done and it's been too great.

I love her. I would gladly do it all over again what I did for her and I believe in her will to change. But maybe it's enough. I gave her so many chances even though she was the one who broke up with me every time. She always promised me she would be better but nothing changed. I became further and further away from my family. I don't want to keep hearing one party (her) say to another party (my family) that they are toxic (and vice versa). And I want them to be happy. So I set her free so everyone can be happy. But my heart is saying that maybe she'll be better this time. Maybe she'll really change, show her love and things will get better. But my family said that If I choose her, I will suffer because she will always blow up problems especially with regards to my personality and the fact that she thought of bad things even though all they did was help her. She was just using me so she can stay in the country. So they are pushing me away from her.

TLDR: Should I [26M] make things work with my ex-fiancee [26F] when it's already broken and my family doesn't like her?

What are your thoughts? Should I let it end like this? Or patch things up her (and convince my family) and make it work?



Submitted October 30, 2018 at 12:54AM by throwaway050418 https://ift.tt/2F1dbyi
Should I [26M] make things work with my ex-fiancee [26F] when it's already broken and my family doesn't like her? Should I [26M] make things work with my ex-fiancee [26F] when it's already broken and my family doesn't like her? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.