Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My[35] boyfriend[36] of 3 years took 2 weeks of work to help me recover after a major surgery but all he has done is play games

Tl;dr: huge gamer boyfriend offers to take 2 weeks off work to "take care" of me after a major surgery. But really he has spent the whole time gaming.

I had to have a major surgery recently. Recovery time is semi intensive and needed someone to care for me 24/7 for the 1st week and help me shower and dress and make me dinner and drive me around the 2nd week.

A bunch of people in my family offered to travel to me help but my boyfriend insisted he do it. He took the 2 weeks of vacation he was saving up.

He has done nothing but complain and game the entire time. It started during my overnight stays at the hospital. He complains about having to wait around a lot. Being bored. Wifi being spotty. I told him he could go but this is what being in a hospital is.

Been home 6 days and he has so far gamed the majority of the time. He makes me wait until he finished a game to request his help. He complains if I need it after he started a game. He spends all his time in the den gaming. I feel so isolated and like a burden. I have even done stuff I wasn't suppose to in order to avoid bothering him. But then he will catch me and get on to me and ask why I don't ask him but I can't because it is never a good non gaming time.

I had a fever on day 2 and was suppose to call the doctor and he kept sighing because he thoughts he was have to take me to the hospital and "it isn't what [he] wanted to do right now"

This is hard for me. This surgery was scary. The recovery is scary. It hurts. It is exhausting.

I reached out to my aunt who is traveling here tomorrow in hopes of taking over and I told him and now he pouting because I make him "feel like [he] isn't doing enough". But when I tell him he isn't he calls me names and says fine then.

I feel like he saw this as an excuse to take 2 weeks off from work to just game and not get any grief at work (his work has showed us with gift cards and food since they knew I would be down and he would be taking sole care of me). So far he has bought stuff for him with the gift cards.

Yesterday I took a shower and I had to sit in the shower for 3 minutes in pain trying to prop myself up while he finished a game I am not sure he started when I told him I needed to clean up now before I took my meds. I get he is bored but I sleep a lot during the day. Maybe game during a nap or before bed. Or something. I don't know. He is sort of pushed me in front of the TV and said here and left me to fend for myself.

I have never felt more like an inconvenience. It makes me resent him.

He was even mad my first post op appt ran late by an hour because he was suppose to chat with a friend during a game.

My response of "sorry I was bleeding and she wanted to figure out why so I wouldn't die. Didn't mean to bother" was not well received.

My aunt is coming but how to do I approach my boyfriend after. I am about done with him but I don't want to be the shrill girlfriend who is against his gaming.

Tl;dr: huge gamer boyfriend offered to take two weeks off to "take care" of me but he is really using it as an excuse to game. How to do I tell him that this isn't reasonable or nice and that he is kind of being a big fat jerk face without using big fat jerk face because name calling is mean.



Submitted October 30, 2018 at 07:21PM by Somanygamesok https://ift.tt/2yGIcST
My[35] boyfriend[36] of 3 years took 2 weeks of work to help me recover after a major surgery but all he has done is play games My[35] boyfriend[36] of 3 years took 2 weeks of work to help me recover after a major surgery but all he has done is play games Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.