Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me [18M] with my stepmom [37F], is she treating me unfairly, or am I overreacting?

Today is my birthday. Whenever my dad and his wife asked me what I want for my birthday for the past few months, I have been telling them I want a new phone. Since the contract on mine is about to run out, and it’s really badly broken (my friend dropped it a year ago, and ever since then the screen is barely usable, and the battery has gone to shit) I really need a new one. They were acting as if I’d get it, but.

I didn’t get one, and that’s fine. After all, a phone is expensive, and with me being an adult now I should pay for that kinda stuff myself. Me not getting the phone isn’t the part that’s upsetting me though, it’s the fact that on my birthday, my stepmom went out and got the exact phone I wanted. She has been gloating all day about it, how good it is, and how happy she is that she got it, asking me things like ”isn’t this phone so cool op? Haha” while I’m sitting beside her with my broken phone. Cherry on top, she offered me her old cases (her former phone is the same model as mine), which feels disrespectful.

I then asked her if I could maybe take over her old phone, since it’s in great condition, but no. My step-brother (12M) is getting that one when he gets home later today, even though he already got a new phone for his birthday 2 months ago (he got the 7, the new one is a 7+). They’re going to give his current phone to my step moms mom.

I understand that it’s their property, and they can do whatever they want with it, but this all happening on my birthday is annoying.

Background info: my step mom does not work, and is mean to me on the regular.

TL;DR: did not get new phone, it would be fine, but my step mom is being kinda mean. Am i unjustified in feeling wronged?



Submitted October 31, 2018 at 01:13PM by Terrible_Aspect https://ift.tt/2ziiBiy
Me [18M] with my stepmom [37F], is she treating me unfairly, or am I overreacting? Me [18M] with my stepmom [37F], is she treating me unfairly, or am I overreacting? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.