Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Sometimes I Feel Like A Babysitter

It reads like it's made up, but it's straight fact. Last night my fiance (31/M) got so high (weed vape cartridge) that he convinced himself he was going to die, had a full fledged panic attack and insisted on being taken to the ER. En route to the ER, he asks me to pull over, gets out of the car, lays on the ground in a liquor store parking lot and refuses to move until an ambulance is called - by this point he's on his hands and knees puking and telling me he's about to shit himself. TWO ambulance and THREE police cars arrive, they assess the situation and take him to the ER. You can imagine the hilarity. We spent 6 hours in the ER only for them to release him with a pat on the head, a perfectly clean bill of health and a note to take the day off from work. Exactly what everyone - except he - would expect. I wish I were making this up.

This is the 3rd, maybe even 4th time something along these same lines has happened (he's not a frequent smoker), although the other times I was able to make him understand that he was, in fact, just super high and was not going to die - therefore avoiding a fat bill and pointless hours in the ER.

I'm a live and let live kind of person, so I don't want to ultimatum him .. but I'm pretty over having to hold his hand every time he can't handle his weed.

He does struggle with anxiety in general so I try to be patient and understanding because he's good people and I happen to love the shit out of him but I'm tempted to tell him if it happens again he's on his own, disengage and let him make the 911 call and ER trip solo. Feels bad, but when does it go from support to enabling ridiculous behavior?

TL;DR fiance got high, thought he was going to die and we spent 6 hrs in the ER. He obv didn't die. I'm over it.



Submitted October 29, 2018 at 12:14PM by _ApatheticApe_ https://ift.tt/2OfYSFM
Sometimes I Feel Like A Babysitter Sometimes I Feel Like A Babysitter Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.